Discuss a time when you noticed someone being excluded, discriminated against, or otherwise neglected or treated unfairly in a particular social setting. Describe that experience, how you reacted, and what you learned.
Describe theoretical ideas of power and identity in relation to social norms and values.
- Compare differences between majority and minority groups, and groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and social class.
- Apply major sociological perspectives.
Identify historical and contemporary influences of discrimination in American culture.
- Recognize historical experiences of discrimination.
- Differentiate the varied experience of different social groups.
Apply diversity strategies in professional, educational, and personal contexts.
- Recognize opportunities where diversity is needed to address social problems.
- Employ strategies to respect cultural differences in personal interactions.
Create a 2 page essay in APA format according to the instructions and guidelines above. Use 2-3 academically reviewed sources for references. Be sure to utilize in-text citations.