All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. (1 point each)
- The mythological origins, history, and functions about the vacation or retreat to a sacred place in mythology
- If the destination is still in existence, explain why it is considered mythological. If it does not, explain why is still a relevant myth.
- Discuss the symbolism of any sacred objects or attributes associated with the deities and mythological origins of the destination.
- How are these symbols or objects used by contemporary people or cultures and why?
- Explain the relevance of the destination and objects as they apply emotionally and psychologically to the people who utilize the symbols or objects.
- How do these places or things connect to the mythological stories from that culture?
- Synthesize the role and place with the connection to the associated objects (and symbols, if applicable)
- Detail the most important facts about the surrounding culture to include etiquette, dress, customs, or any other information you deem important about that culture.
- Give a personal statement about the knowledge and experience(s) you would hope to return home with.