Security in Networking
Prior to beginning work on this assignment read Chapter 3 in the textbook, the Granville (Links to an external site.) (2015) and Iglaur (Links to an external site.) (2015) online articles, and review any relevant information in this week’s lecture.
It has become common to hear about data breaches and cyberattacks on companies, institutions, and governments.
For this assignment, research a recent data breach or cyber attack on a company, institution, or government. Once you have chosen your data breach, research a minimum of two professional sources on this topic. (Access the MISM Credible Resource Guide for assistance with finding appropriate credible professional resources.)
In your paper, evaluate the telecommunication and network practices that were in place and describe what contributed to the security breach including the vulnerability exploited. Apply telecommunication and network technical knowledge to create a plan of action that will alleviate these contributing factors. Explain a minimum of three preventive measures that will help to avoid this situation in the future. Support your recommendations with evidence from at least two professional sources. Apply standard principles of design to the implementation of your action plan by outlining the steps the organization would use to execute the action plan.
- Must be two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two professional sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.