The organized versus disorganized continuum will assist you in the serial rapist case that you have been working on. This classification system is easy to use and can be used to classify the crime scene characteristics.
- Using the organized-disorganized continuum, write a paper (1–2 pages) describing the characteristics of the offender from the serial rape scenario.
- Use the physical/behavioral evidence as a primary guide to understand the offender’s behavior.
- What are the characteristics associated with this offender?
- Remember that the crime scene will fit somewhere on the continuum, not simply organized or disorganized.
- How does the fact that this is a repetitive offender affect your decision?
- How do you think using the continuum will help in solving this case?
- How would you use this information in a testimony in the courtroom?