- Social Groups: You probably belong to many different social groups, made up of people with whom you regularly interact. Your groups might include friends, family, coworkers, or people in your community.
- Which of your social groups is the most important to you?
- Why is it important?
- How does this group influence you?
- Social Institutions: Social institutions help a society meet its basic needs. Examples include the family, education, religion, government, and the economy.
- What is one social institution that has had a big impact on you as an individual?
- How has this social institution helped you meet a basic need or reach a goal?
- How has this social institution failed to help you meet a basic need or reach a goal? Or, how have you seen it fail to help other people?
Your response must address the discussion questio