- In no fewer than 200 words explain why one can never prove on the basis of sample evidence that the Null Hypothesis is “true. (20 points)
- A research study was conducted to examine the efficacy of studying in groups. Students were randomly assigned to one of two groups: a single person group (individual studying) and a group that had three study partners. After four weeks of studying, the students were given an exam. The raw scores on the exam are below. Construct a hypothesis test. (20 points)
|Group 1||Group 2|
a. State the null and research hypothesis
b. Set the level of risk
c. Select the appropriate test
d. Compute the obtained value.
e. Find the critical value
f. Compare the obtained value and the critical value.
g. State your decision.
h. Write the result
|Verbal Interpretation X||Persuasion Y|
- Using Excel make a scatter plot of the data above, label the dependent and independent variable and show the trend line. (20 points)
- Using the data in the table what is the correlation between verbal interpretation and persuasion and describe if the relationship is direct or indirect, very strong, strong, moderate or negligible. (20 points)
- What would you predict the persuasion value to be if the verbal interpretation score is 58? (20 points)