The next step in the research process is immersing oneself in the empirical literature on your research topic to determine the extent to which your research question (identified in Module 1) has been addressed. To this end, please use the Trident University Online Library to conduct a literature search on your research topic. Remember, your goal is to discover the extent to which a knowledge gap exists with regard to your specific research question.
Your task for this assignment is to:
Locate five peer-reviewed journal articles that present studies relevant to your topic, and synthesize these in an evidence table. Go to: Evidence Table for more details on what this table should contain.
Based on your evidence table, address the following questions in 1-2 pages:
- Which study design is most appropriate to test your study’s research hypothesis?
- What are the components of this design?
- Would this design be considered experimental or observational? Why?
- Why did you choose this design over others? Be sure to note all advantages and disadvantages of employing this design to address your particular research question.
- To what types of bias is this design most vulnerable? Please explain.
Length: 4 pages typed, double-spaced.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric that is linked within the course. Review it before you begin working on the assignment.
Your work should adhere to these MSHS Assignment Expectations.