Scenario: The CEO, Emergency Department Director and you having been reviewing the data concerning ED throughput. There has been a significant rise in ED patient visits from 32,000/year to 45,000/year as well as the patient acuity has risen requiring the use of additional ancillary services (e.g., radiology, laboratory services) which is creating much bottleneck in patient flow. As a result, patients are leaving without being seen, increasing the rate from 3% to an all-time high of 10%.
The CEO would like you to perform a SWOT analysis to identify the factors that are key in getting the ED stabilized with the new volume of patients. The CEO has requested that you provide a presentation to the ED Steering Committee (e.g., ED physicians, ED Director, charge nurses and staff members) about your SWOT analysis findings. The ED Steering Committee’s will be essential in moving this work forward.
You can use the data from the case study that preceded Chapter 1 in the textbook to assist you in the SWOT analysis.
- The presentation should be 8 slides in length, excluding the title and reference slides.
- Each slide must provide detailed speaker’s notes that are a minimum of 100 words. The notes must draw from and cite relevant reference materials.
- The presentation must be submitted as a PowerPoint file (.ppt) – do not submit the presentation as a PDF file.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least 3 sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources. Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. (Links to an external site.)
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’s homepage (Links to an external site.).