The British King and bureaucracy (the Crown) thought the colonists were acting like spoiled children. The colonists thought the British were overbearing, taxing unfairly, and ignoring their grievances. However, not all Colonial Americans were in favor of seeking separation from Great Britain. There were Loyalists among the colonists. Take the perspective of the Loyalists, and explain why the British colonies in North America revolted.
Below are some of the items to consider:
- The colonial relationship to the British before/after the French and Indian War
- The acts passed by the British government
- The grievances stated in the Declaration of Independence
- The events that escalated the division between the Crown and the colonists.
- Write a two-page paper (not including the required References page) that is formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Your paper should include at least four paragraphs with an introduction, a body with at least three fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion. The essay should contain a fully developed and supported thesis statement.
- Include a minimum of two academic sources (journal articles, books, etc.) other than the textbook.