Review the following lectures:
You are a senior program manager for corporate training and development for a prestigious corporate training and education company. Your assignment is based on the following information.
Total Car Maintenance LLC (TCM) is a nation-wide company that wants to supply sales, service, and solutions of the highest quality to customers. Their objectives are to make it affordable, hassle-free, fast, and comprehensive. TCM technicians provide a number of services that include oil changes, tire rotations and balancing, cooling system maintenance, and wiper replacement. All service personnel must be current on all products, car service requirements, and parts for cars and trucks. Additionally, they must consistently provide excellent customer service. Resultantly, training is critical to the company’s success and viability. Therefore, this has become one of the highest priorities for achieving and continuing to possess operational excellence.
Synthetic motor oil is in the market, and many manufacturers demand it in order to keep the warranty in effect. As a sidebar, the synthetic oil is a good choice for older vehicles also. Regardless of what the manufacturers want, TCM has found that the volume of synthetic oil sold is minimal.
Subsequently, it was determined that the service technicians did not understand or know much about how to effectively and efficiently discuss the benefits of synthetic motor oil with potential purchasers. This situation then obviously calls for training to be implemented. As a majority of TCM locations are franchises, face-to-face (in-class) training is limited because many of the technicians are owners themselves and cannot get away much. As a result, technology-based training is a viable educational opportunity.
- Analyze which knowledge, skills, abilities, or behaviors the technology-based training should concentrate.
- Analyze and recommend which training method you would suggest for educating the service technicians regarding synthetic oil for motors and explain the reason for the same.
- Describe the learning features you would include in the program for the service technicians and the reasons for these items were included.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Present a 2- to 3-page paper in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style. Cite any sources using the APA guidelines.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5060_W4_Project_LastName_FirstName.