- The divorce rate in the United States remains at an all-time high. Using the textbook, the Internet, and a minimum of three scholarly sources from the GCU Library, research and compare the impact of divorce on preschool, school-age, and adolescent children.
Write a 1,000-1,250-word essay in which you consider the socioemotional response by each age group regarding divorce and custody arrangements. You are encouraged to use attachment theory in your paper. Additionally, answer the following questions:
What steps can be taken to:
- Minimize the number of divorces?
- Help children cope more effectively with their parents’ divorce?
- As a professional counselor, how might you provide support for the parties involved?
- Discuss ethical and cultural strategies for promoting resilience, optimum development, and wellness in adolescence.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.