Written Assignment: Video Case Reflection:
In this module, you will have an opportunity to view cases of real teachers applying the variety of learning theories and methods you have explored.
*Select Videos- see note regarding 2018
For this assignment, you will begin by selecting 2-4 videos from The Learning Classroom: Theory into Practice. These videos are each 30 minutes in length. To access the videos, follow these steps:
- Go to the top tool bar and select the Video Series tab (the second from the left).
- Select Video Programs.
- Use the drop down box to locate Literature and Language Arts.
- Be sure to select at least one video from the grades 6-8 collection, and at least one video from the 9-12 collection.
Watch each of the videos you select, and observe how the teacher applies learning theories to his or her classroom practices.
*Video selection for 2018:
We have access to the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards best practice videos. These are current and specific to ELA. Although you can use the Annenberg videos, I would like you to view at least 2 of the NBPTS videos.
The National Board videos are located on the Module 1 opening page.
After you have watched each video that you selected, develop a paper of 3-5 pages in which you address the following:
- Identify the types of learning theories that were put into practice in the videos you watched.
- Describe the teaching methods that you believe were modeled in the videos.
- Discuss your views about these approaches to teaching.
- Identify which models you plan to adopt in your teaching and explain why.
- Explain how you would apply these methods and strategies to your classroom.
For this assignment, your paper should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Length of 3-5 pages, single spaced.
- 12-point, Times New Roman font, with 1 inch margins.
- APA format for all in-text citations and the reference list.
- College level proficiency in writing.
YOU WILL NEED ACCESS TO THE COURSE FOR THE VIDEOS. I will send the information over once you accept the assignment.